Office 365 and Lync–How to add Lync Profile Picture
One of the easiest ways to add a picture to your Office 365 (or enterprise) Lync account is to add one from an existing social networking site. Please note that this is not an automatic link to your profile pic. If you change your picture on FB or Linkedin you will also need to repeat this process to update Lync. If you delete the picture on FB or Lync it will no longer be visible.
This works for both Linkedin and Facebook.
1) Login to either Linkedin or Facebook
2) Navigate to a publicly available picture
3) Right click on the Picture and choose Copy Image URL (do not copy from the URL bar)
Or – Internet Explorer .. right click properties
Grab the Address (URL) text box and select the entire address. Be sure to capture the full address because only the first two lines are visible in the text box
4) Go to Lync and choose >Tools > Options
5) Choose >My Picture
6) Choose > Show a picture from a web address
7) Paste in the Image URL — Choose > Connect to Picture
8) Click > OK and you are done … Voila !!
NOTE: Ensure that the image URL ends with .jpg